A work in progress...

Welcome to HausStylish - (say : - 'How stylish!' - in a rather posh English accent).

Follow our adventures as we embark on a lifestyle change on the other side of the world, with my relocation from Australia back to the beautiful English countryside. Throw in a career change along the way, and the renovation of my Grade II listed thatched cottage. We may stop to admire some stunning interiors and architecture along the way...

Monday, February 20, 2012

Sims Hilditch Interior Design

Well now that Telstra have finally fixed our phone line after 2 weeks without any communication with the outside world I can finally make a posting ;-)  My heart skipped a beat when I heard about Sims Hilditch Interior Design via one of my favourite blogs - The Paper Mulberry. You should check out Glenda Steel's amazing blog, as it always full of beautiful Interior design posts, infact, they are so lovely, I think I will have to hold her entirely responsible if I ever move back to England because the images of her lovely farmhouse (and others she posts about) are so evocative they make me want to pack up and move back to the English countryside right away ;-) he he... I also discovered Border Oak homes through her blog too - Amazing Oak framed houses (my husband and I have always wanted to build one, and finding both these two companies is really tempting us to move back he he!).  Anyway, I hope you love these homes as much as I do...


This first one is a beautiful barn conversion in Wiltshire. The soft muted colour palette is amazingly serene - just up my street...


What a beautiful room, my husband would love that library! 



This sitting room is so evocative...I can really see myself enjoying a snowy Christmas in front of that lovely log burner with a glass of mulled wine. How lovely...


The kitchen, by Neptune Kitchens is one of my all time favorites. I just adore it.  Of course, the home has beautiful bones with those lovely beams, stone walls and floors and I love the lime wash finish on all the ceilings, sigh...


I love these beams with their soft lime wash finish...





So cosy, but it's still very light and airy with those high ceilings, and I love the gorgeous textures of the wood and stone everywhere...




What a beautiful staircase!  

Sims Hilditch also designed these amazing guest cottages in this Cotswold's house, they are truly beautiful...

Love that Cotswold stone...


Are these not the most gorgeous bunk beds you have ever seen ?  

I love the attention to detail in this cottage, look at the beautiful doors...and that floor...

I would never pick pink as a color to use in a kitchen of mine, but I am loving this island...



Again more lovely attention to detail, look at the shape of that lovely little door, what a sweet twin room...


Of course, it helps if you have beautiful bones to work with, what a lovely feature window with the beautiful stonework and the ornately carved staircase. When you pair it with the pale natural fibre carpet it softens so nicely...
Well, I love these homes, such a stunning mix of soft serene colours, space and light, beautiful timber finishes, and naturally beautiful architectural features.  I am smitten :-) x


8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for such a lovely mention!!! I'm thrilled you love Sims Hilditch and Border Oak as much as I do, they really do have everything right about modern country living don't they? Thank you so much once again and lovely post! Warmest wishes from this old farmhouse in England - Glenda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those chunky timber ceilings!
    x
    Melissah from Country Style Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sims Hildich interior design is shown in the post her. Useful post
    Hunter Douglas

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post on interior designs they are looking beautiful, thanks for the post.
    interior designers in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. The information that you provided is great. This helps the people to think about interior designing and quality living standards in life. I am an interior designers in Hyderabad. Please make update regularly so that we come to know the new trends in interior designing. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. I am an interior designers in kondapur. I feel great after reading this information. Please make update I will be regular rss to this site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep
    visiting this blog very often. I am an interior designers in kondapur. I feel great after reading this information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This house or should I say little castle looks so awesome! The rooms are so beautiful! Everything I ever imagined for my dream house to look like! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...